This is the driver's side front backing plate. I used an old inner tube as my dust seal.
Preston helps with the reinstallation of my brakes.
The brakes are installed. I would soon pull the wheel cylinders and send them out for a professional rebuild.
The Buick rests on her tires for the first time in years!
With wheels on the car, fuel line installed and most of the brake components installed, it was time to turn my attention to my car's wiring. I made my car's wiring harness by myself back in 2011, and, fortunately, used the same color wires as the original. I also did a good job labeling and photographing all of the wire connections when I disassembled the car in 2013. Notice I said "good" job and not "excellent" or "outstanding." While most of the connections were clearly marked there were a few loose ends that left me scratching my head. I eventually resolved all of the issues with a multimeter and the original wiring diagram.
Since I rebuilt my engine myself, I think I had been subconsciously avoiding that first attempted startup. If I didn't do things right during the rebuild, the end result would be embarrassing, time consuming and expensive. With no other side projects lingering, I was forced to wrap up the engine.